Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, June 4, 2011

Info Post
Mid afternoon yesterday, as I was driving down our lane I spotted a Red Kite wheeling above me. Its not that unusual but I had not seen any for a couple of months. A little while later my ten year old Grandson Josh, who is just getting into birding, rang me full of the excitement of having seen one of these magnificent raptors above his garden in Caerfarchell near Solva. Having seen Greg's amazing report, I suspect they may have also been a part of this incredible movement. My bird was a heavily moulting adult.
Presumably our breeding birds are still on the breeding grounds, so these must be  non breeders or failed breeders. I also saw five over Ramsay last October, presumably a return movement?
So whats going on where are they going to/coming from?

0 comments:

Post a Comment