Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, May 9, 2010

Info Post
I'll see Derek's 4 Whimbrel & raise it to 15 at around 6pm today - I don't think I've ever heard such a vocal flock! Also 1 Bar-tailed Godwit with them, and around 40 small waders which refused to settle, most appeared to be Dunlin with at least 1 Ringed Plover. 4 1st summer Common Gulls, and 2 1st summer Black-headed Gulls, 1 House Martin & several Swallows. At least 3 pairs of Shelduck. Nearby at Marloes Mere a pair of Tufted Duck, 5 Teal & several Mallard from Britton Hide, and good numbers of Swallows (estimate 70+) and a handful of Sand Martins. Around 11:30 this morning I saw the Rose-coloured Starling on the roof of one of the bungalows at Ffynnon Wen - no binoculars (I was out on the bike) but a pink and black Starling isn't difficult to spot on a rooftop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment