Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, December 4, 2011

Info Post

Derek Grimwood emailed me about a colour-ringed Med Gull seen in Ramsey Sound on 1/12 – Green AATL. Following the fitting of its plastic jewellery in 2006 the first sighting was on the Axe estuary in Devon, by me, in Feb 2007. When it comes to colour-ringed gulls one gets attached to one’s babies! Therefore I would very much like to ask for an up-to-date copy of its life history and a decent sized copy of Bob Haycock’s photo (as appears on your blog – I guess the ring is readable on a bigger image?) for potential use on my blog ‘Not Quite Scilly’ and would be most grateful if you could forward this on to Bob for me.
Many thanks
Gavin
PS. Don’t know if Derek has mentioned this to you, but your excellent Pembs Birds news blog was the inspiration for one that I set up for Devon birders in August last year, which in turn prompted one in Oxon. Thanks for the idea guys...

0 comments:

Post a Comment