Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 30, 2009

Info Post
Today notably more thrushes (blackbirds esp) on the back-roads from Martletwy to Carew and also a very large flock of c. 2,500 or more lapwings coming in from Kilgetty direction (landing in fields near Carew Cross).

Holly Harries also telephoned me at home last Sunday (25th) describing quite well a Gyr Falcon she had seen at Angle at around 1400 hrs (it was also eating a wood pigeon on the shore at Angle) I am glad someone else managed to photograph and therefore confirm the record. I mentioned it to Clive Hurford at Fresh west late that day hoping that he had been at Ange earlier and might have seen it too. I'll drop Holly an email - she will be pleased that her ID (as I assumed at the time) was not in doubt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment