Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Info Post
Noted the comment about possible scarcity of Treecreepers in Minwear wood, I have to say that this year in a BBS square and TTV areas I cover, I have been more aware of them than in previous years; noted 2 nests (fledged young now) and personally have been thinking they were having a good season in Minwear, Pickle and Canaston woods. One pair nested right next to the Forestry car park nearest to Blackpool Mill, and prob fledged 4-5 young about 10 days ago.

Three pairs of great spotted woodpeckers have recently fledged young between this location and Canaston Bridge - quite a high density (all within the same 1 km sq).

Has anyone confirmed redstarts breeding near Blackpool Mill this year? They usually nest here, I usually hear them at dusk, when the young are just about fledged in early-mid June, whilst surveying bats. I have noted them each year for about the last five years but I have not been aware of them here so far this summer, but they can be remarkably quiet and unobtrusive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment