Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, March 19, 2010

Info Post

Thought that I'd better have a night-time look for waders on the Teifi tonight, as my fellow ringers venturing to the Ceredigion coast in the last 2 evenings have been ringing Whooper Swans, & Teal whilst looking for Woodcock & Golden Plovers!

No waders on either Patch or Poppit this HT, but I did see this lone gull on Poppit Sands.
Under torchlight it was easy to see that it was ringed...a large ring though!

I knew it wasn't a BTO ring (too big). Having caught the bird (with a net), I took it to the Lifeboat Station lighting to read carefully...

ST154.759
MUSEUM ZOOLOG.
HELSINKI - FINLAND.

Aged a (6) adult, with a wing of c315mm (ruler only goes to 300ml)
The white colour-ringed BH Gulls we see are (all?) ringed in the nest at the Cotswold Water Park...but this one .....we will see...?

0 comments:

Post a Comment